The best thing I ever made!!

The best thing I ever made!!

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Playing Tag . . .

I don't actually have anything to show (yet) watch this space . . . But I have been tagged by a vintage kitty kat (with a bag lining fetish!!). sooooo . . .
4 jobs I have had
Office Administrator for an Autoelectrical Company - dull you may think . . . well yes apart from never knowing whether the director was going to come in in one of his moods and punch a hole in the wall above your head (yes really)
Call Centre Operator for a flower delivery/plants/audio books company. Again very dull, but some of the customers?!!?!? There was a company that really needed mute buttons on the phone so you could p&*^ yourself laughing without offending someone.
Waitress in a Chinese Restaurant - back when I was a student. A customer put his hand down my blouse as I was serving coffee. Served entire pot into his lap. Didn't work there anymore an hour later!!! he he he - Lesson - don't take revenge when boss is serving at table next to you.
Bag 'Monkey' for Royal Mail - Not the official title, but pretty much sums it up. This is what I do at night whilst the little ones are in bed and husband is 'washing up' (and I suspect watching football!!)

4 Favourite Films
x-Men trilogy (does that count as 1 or 3?) - I am a little of a sci-fi freak and also used to love graphic novels (never to be described as comics). This trilogy really did stay true to the novels.
Dirty Dancing - I have a dreamy girly side too. How I longed to be baby and be (literally) whisked off my feet
Labyrinth - David Bowie - tight leggings - singing - fantasy need I say more
The Princess Bride - So wasted on children. Possibly the funniest film ever, not to mention brilliant, exciting, whimsical etc

4 places I've been
Barcelona - For a day as part of a med. cruise. The best day of my life (barring marriage and kids) It peed down all day. Proper rain. Soaked to the blimmin skin. We walked 15 miles to the cathedral (and then back again!!!) Went all that way to eat a McDOnalds!!! Got accosted by loads of street sellers trying to sell us umbrellas (errr for what we are SOAKING already!!) I knackered my bum knee. Husband dislocated a toe. But god how we laughed. And the Cathedral really is spectacular.
Amsterdam - With an orchestra (I played cello) as a student. No more needs to be said.
Normandy - with school. to go and see the beach where our troops were massacered. Totally lost on me then. Pains me to think how little regard I had for it at the time. Oh and I fell over a concrete bench in the middle of the street (I still bear the scar on my leg)
Aberdovey, Wales - A LOT!! We had a caravan there when I was younger. We went all the time. I still love the place now.

4 places I've lived
Cannock, Staffordshire
Northampton
Derby
Essex

4 favourite tv shows
Bones (david boreanaz - yum)
CSI (but NOT the miami one. Horatio just makes me wanna slap him into finishing a sentence. Is he trying to be a Smith from Matrix or what?!)
Buffy/Angel (yes I know that's 2, but they can't be separated) much the same
Dr Who/Torchwood

4 favourite radio shows
erm I can only get radio 2 (or something which i think is french) on my car radio and that is the only place I listen to it. really so
Janice Long (late on my way home from work)
Some chap does a Country and Western slot on a Thurs evening
Ooooh no on a fri night we listen to Glitterball on the laptop - Its actually broadcast in Leeds at a totally different time, but its 70's/80's disco and is fab for while me and dh cook together once the kids are in bed (its our alternative to going out)

4 favourite foods
anything from a chinese (oh god heaven)
cheese ( extra mature cheddar especially)
My husbands Chilli
Pizza from Pizza Express

4 places I'd rather be

bed (always, such is the life of a night shift worker!)
Somewhere hot
In a nice restaurant/hotel having a date with my lovely husband
10 years ago so I could laugh at myself.

Now who to tag? . . . . .

No comments: