The best thing I ever made!!

The best thing I ever made!!

Friday 4 April 2008

Hello!!

Hi there, an introduction...
I'm a mom of 2 girls and love making stuff. Cooking, sewing, card making, etc. I've just recently discovered knitting and am practising hard.
My biggest problems with making stuff are:-
I've never actually been taught to do any of the stuff I (attempt to) do.
I never follow a recipe/pattern or if I start to I get bored so consequently
It's never quite 'professional' and if it does turn out really well (usually only applicable to cooking) then it's really hard to re-create!!!
I'm also a 'rusher'. I can't wait to complete a project and get carried away, forgetting to eat, sleep etc and rush my way through. Especially at the crucial finishing off bit!

I'm sorry there are no photos just yet. This blogging lark is new to me. My friends at MN are all bloggers and I thought I'd better throw myself into this 'Brave New World' and have a go.

So now I have another addiction . . .

5 comments:

Miaou said...

Hello there, nice to see you in blogworld! I never follow patterns either, I think I am incapable of making anything the way it's supposed to be made! It's the best way in my book ;-)

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Welcome! I agree, play with things and see what comes out of it!

Apryl said...

welcome to the land of blog!

I never follow patterns either.. I use the excuse I'm left handed, and my brain isn't wired that way, I have to teach myself and wing it. for the most part things work out, and if not well I just dont mention those ones. :o)

KittyKat said...

Welcome, glad to see that you never follow a pattern to the letter (of course I WILL with Miaous'), am terribly rebellious like that too.
Ranting.

Unknown said...

I've never had a sewing lesson in my life - in fact I got thrown out of sewing at school (couldn't even tread the needle so I was deemed a hopeless case.
But, I bought a machine and I've practised hard, experimented and found my own style.
Being self taught has lots of positives so enjoy !